Are you considering a nose job? Here’s a comprehensive guide to address all of your nose job concerns.
If you want to alter the shape or size of your nose, you should consider a nose job. A nose job, medically known as rhinoplasty, is a nose reshaping procedure. It has become the second most popular plastic surgery after breast augmentation. Even though it is a simple procedure, there are a few things you need to know before getting a nose job.
What is a nose job?
A nose job is a medical procedure performed to change the shape or size of your nose by modifying the bone or cartilage. A nose job is considered to be a very safe and effective procedure. You can achieve the following results with a nose job:
- A change in size
- A change in angle
- Straightening of the bridge
- Reshaping of the tip
- Narrowing of the nostrils
What are the different types of nose jobs?
There are many different types of nose jobs. Your doctor will recommend the best one based on your nose shape and your expected results.
- Open rhinoplasty: In this nose job, a small incision is made under the nose, around its tip, and between nostrils. The incision allows the surgeon complete access to the entire nasal structure. The primary benefit of the open technique is improved accuracy for reshaping the framework of the nose to achieve desired contouring. This method may leave some scarred tissues and a small scar on the bottom of the nose. The scars usually fade away with time.
- Closed rhinoplasty: Closed rhinoplasty is also known as endonasal rhinoplasty. In this procedure, the incision is made from within, so a significant opening is not required. Doctors recommend this nose job to patients who want minor adjustments in the nasal bridge. Closed rhinoplasty is minimally invasive and the scar is well hidden. Patients recover quickly after this procedure and there is less post-procedure swelling.
- Filler rhinoplasty: This is one of the least invasive types of rhinoplasty. The best part about this nose job is that there are no cuts or stitches involved. In this procedure, a filler ingredient is injected underneath your skin. The filler temporarily changes the structure of your nose. Filler rhinoplasty is far more convenient than surgical procedures. The results are incredible but are not permanent. The results last for six months to a year. This procedure is ideal for people who want to smooth out bumps on their nose or make it look less angular.
- Ultrasonic rhinoplasty: This procedure uses ultrasonic waves to reshape the nasal bone more precisely and accurately. During an ultrasonic rhinoplasty, an open rhinoplasty technique is used for better exposure and visualisation during surgery. The surgeon then uses high-frequency ultrasonic oscillations to sculpt the nasal bone. In this procedure, the surrounding soft tissue is preserved, therefore, there are fewer chances of bruising and swelling. A significant advantage of ultrasonic rhinoplasty is that the recovery is quick and less painful. This procedure also reduces postoperative complications and the need for revision surgery.
Where to get a nose job?
Finding the right clinic and doctor for your nose job is crucial. Search for a reputed clinic that excels in surgical outcomes and patient safety. Make sure that your doctor is board-certified and has ample experience in the field of plastic surgery. Before proceeding with the nose job, book a consultation with your doctor and discuss your expectations and queries in detail. The cost of a nose job is another crucial factor to consider as the procedure can be expensive. Nose job prices vary from patient to patient. Biolite Aesthetic Clinic is Dubai’s premier award-winning clinic that specialises in nose surgeries. Contact Dr. Samer Bassilios Habre at Biolite to learn more about the procedure and a nose job price. Dr Samer is a European Board-Certified plastic surgeon with American and European work experience. Call on +971 4346 6641 to book a consultation with Dr. Habre or drop your queries at email@example.com.