Acne- the medical term is acne vulgaris, while this is commonly known as pimples, this can also mean papules, pustules, comedones and even nodules or cysts. This is a disease that affects teenagers mostly, but it can also affect adults in their 30’s or 40’s. Acne can be caused by an imbalance in hormones, stress, which can result in oily skin or even dehydrated skin which can also be one of the causes in adult acne.
There are many treatment options available to anyone who suffers with acne. For a relatively simple result a doctor’s prescription after a thorough consultation may be the best course of action. However for a more cosmetic & long term result, Biolite offers a range of treatments for those who choose not to go on medication. See Acne Clinic. Book an appointment with the dermatologist.
At some point in our lives we all get outbreaks of Acne…
There are many myths about the cause of acne. Some people think that the incidence of acne is higher if you eat foods like chocolate or French fries. Others think that the presence of acne is due to poor hygiene. Neither is true. Acne is caused by the body’s increased production of the hormone androgen (produced by both men and women), which stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The increased production of oil causes the pores to become blocked, so that the oil cannot come up to the skin surface. The acne itself is an infection caused by skin bacteria that feed on and break down this oil.
Acne Scars / Stretch Marks / Scars
At Biolite we have create tailored treatment protocols for acne scars as well as stretch marks & other scars depending on the depth and type of scar. For optimum results we recommend a series of combined treatments which we have listed below in order to create renewed collagen & elastin in the old scar in order to minimize it.
Book a consultation with us for a complete assessment.
Step 1: Active Acne
- Acne Treatment with a combination of light based treatments and peels for 6 – 8 sessions
- This will inhibit fresh acne from occurring and repair the skin as well as kill all underlying bacteria and tighten open pores
- The skin will appear smooth, clear and even toned
Step 2: Acne Scars
- Treat deep tissue scars with a combination of E-Matrix and Derma Mesotherapy, along with a combination of serums to boost collagen formation within the deep scars
- The treatment completes step 1 process, and improves almost all traces of pigmentation and scarring caused by the acne
Step 3: Maintenance
- We will provide you with mild skin care to support the treatments, so as not to over stimulate the skin's oil glands and to balance moisture
- We also provide mineral based SPF and cosmetics in order to conceal any acne scars during the treatment as the only safest option